Friday, September 08, 2006

Antigen Squared

This morning I found an interesting e-mail in my inbox from my brother.

Hey Jennipoo,

Trying to get outta here, but wanted to send a quick note to tell you that you will be Antijenn to the power of two. My Honey-Sweetie went and put another bun in her oven!
Are you ready to take on the challenges that will lay ahead?????????????


This is by far the most exciting e-mail I've had this year! Especially since I was fully convinced after talking to "Honey-Sweetie" (my high school friend Lori- aka my brother's wife) when I was in Canada, that I was never going to have another niece or nephew. Turns out she was unknowingly harbouring one in her belly! HA!

I sent a quick reply, as I too was having to get outta here (my apartment) congratulating them, and scolding him a bit for letting me know his exciting news like he did. He replied,

I was going to tell you via carrier pigeon, but I thought this would be quicker. I knew I wouldn't be able to speak with you until at least this weekend, and mom and Dave know already, so I thought you'd like to hear from me instead of second hand.

Smartass!
My little four year old niece knows already, and I'm told she wants a baby sister, and would like her to be named "Flower." My brother has already started calling the new baby the same name he called Leah before she was born.
"Paco."
No, I don't know why either.

I'm so happy, though, and hope to do a better job of spending time with the new baby than I did with Leah, whom I've only seen for about two weeks total since she was born.
What happy news!

No comments: