Sunday, August 07, 2005

Not a Good Idea

Someone I was just speaking with online used the phrase "not a good idea." That sentiment automatically yanks me back a few years and makes me think of my brother.

Once, while we were in highschool and our parents were away on some trip, my brother and I were left to our own devices for a few days. I walked into the kitchen at some point and found my brother with the fridge door open, just about to drop a whole slice of ham into his mouth. I said, "Whoa! That's not a good idea man!"

The ham was this crazy shade of olive-green my brother's colour-blind eyes couldn't register.

The other time I uttered that phrase was when my brother was living on his own, and I was visiting him on a break from university. He had just gotten his first cat. I walked into the apartment and saw him down the hall, in the open doorway of his bathroom, dumping the whole contents of a kitty litter box filled with clumping litter, into the toilet.

"Yo! That's DEFINITELY not a good idea!"

"Why?" he asked.

"Ummmm, because water makes that clumping-shit turn to cement?"

It took hours of plunging and flushing and overflowing to fix his stupid toilet.

Live and learn, man.

No comments: