Monday, June 05, 2006

Starting Something

I opened this window to create a new post, and then I sat here picking at my cuticles for 15 minutes.
Everything is ok.

My mother called me tonight and told me she had called the Humane Society about a neighbour's dog earlier in the week. He's a big beautiful German Shepherd who is kept in a large cage in the neighbour's driveway. They had a heat wave over the weekend with temperatures over 30, I guess, and my mom said after two days of seeing that dog panting in the sun with no shade and no water, she couldn't take it anymore.
I told her if she lived here, she might never get off the phone to the Humane Society.
Actually, the white bunny who lived in a cage on my way to work went missing last week. Perhaps his owners got hungry. All that's left is his disgustingly dirty cage. In a way, I'm kind of glad he's gone, because passing his cage with no water (but with the water bottle I bought secretly for him sitting empty on the ground a couple feet away) would have driven me crazy as we start to head into the summer heat.

My mom is now taking along a baggie with scissors and a cat brush on her neighbourhood walks because she keeps coming across this friendly little cat with terribly matted fur. She's going to barber and style the little cat the next time she sees it.

I guess I'm a lot like her, maybe even more so.

There's something more to be said here, but I haven't been able to organize my thoughts all weekend.
Everything's ok, but maybe not so much.

It's something about love and care. Concern.
I haven't had a Sunday blues-fest in awhile, and truth be told, this doesn't even count as one because really, as I said,...
Everything's ok.

Besides, it's Monday technically.
But,....

No comments: