Sunday, July 22, 2007

Leave the Gun, Take the Cannolis

Back home in Canadanadingdong, today is the baptism of my beautiful new neice Farah.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some of my family will gather together at some Catholic Church for the baptising of the baby and then head out somewhere for the eating of the food. This blog's title has something to do with the high probability of the presence of cannolis at the baptism post-feed. My sister-in-law and her family are all spirited Italians. I love hanging out with them. I love cannolis.

But moreso than that, the title is in reference to what I coulda been. I woulda been. Had I been in Canada for the baptism, I woulda been da Godfather. My sister-in-law's sister, Antonella is going to be da Godmother, and my brother told me a few weeks ago he wanted me to be da Godfather. (Really, Godmother part deux, but I like the idea of being a raspy-voiced marshmallow-filled-mouth Godfather better.) (Though - if I had gone the way of Godmother pt. 2, I'd slap a "Fairy" in front of the title.)

Regardless, I'm neither G-Father or G-Mother, as I'm half way round the world, and they just won't do these things by video phone. And they can't yet teletransport leftover cannolis to me either, so the whole thing is a wash as far as I'm concerned.

But, to all my family back home who never bother to read this blog, I hope you have a peaceful gathering and bask in the fellowship, love, and joy of family togetherne....

HA!

I couldn't keep a straight face.

I hope you reign in your passive aggressive grudgeholding and try to have a good time despite the tension that's going to feel like you're all wearing 10 neckties done up wayyyy too tight. At least enjoy the cannolis, eh?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures!

Ahem, and I so relate to your "Passive-aggressive grudgeholding" comment! Oh yeah. I know about that family syndrome!