Friday, June 26, 2009

Shicken

I went to this restaurant the other night that offered burn-your-face-off chicken. It's called Hong-Cho Bool Dak, and it's a franchise. If you're in Korea you might want to check it out. The chicken comes out all hot and fiery on a skillet. We had two versions, and I thought the mozzarella on the one dish would cut down on the spiciness, but it actually seemed hotter. I'm not sure why, but I thought our frosty bottle of soju really paired wonderfully with the meal. I was either too busy wiping tears from my fire face or downing shots that I seem to have not taken any pictures of our meal.

The menu does have some other exciting things on offer, though.

Photobucket
Not a little bit of wellbeing. Nor a decent sized amount. These pumpkin wedges are a MASS of wellbeing!

Photobucket
These fishes' balls escaped from the red and blue oceans and they've got a story to tell. It's castrantastic.

Photobucket
Chewy! Like Gummy! Yummy Chewy Gummy Chicken Feet! Num Num Num!

4 comments:

KirkK said...

So how did ahem, "Fishball" make his escape? Hopefull it was with "Mass of wellbeing" and didn't end up "chewy like gummy"! ;o) This looks like something I'd enjoy

Unknown said...

Looks like Dakgalbi? is it the same? I live in Seoul where can I find Hong-Cho Bool Dak?

Jelly said...

Hi Manuel!
It's dakalbi minus all the vegetables! Just sizzlin hot spicy chicken on a skillet! Here's a map of Seoul locations:

Jelly said...

Hi Manuel!
It's dakalbi minus all the vegetables! Just sizzlin hot spicy chicken on a skillet! Here's a map of Seoul locations:
http://search.naver.com/search.naver?sm=tab_hty&where=nexearch&query=%BC%AD%BF%EF%C8%AB%C3%CA%BA%D2%B4%DF