Thursday, December 11, 2008

Radish

Sometimes I discover I've forgotten about a particular food from back home. Radishes, small and red and zingy. Num. They remind me of my grandfather, who used to pile a tiny hill of salt on the table and dip green onions and radishes in there throughout dinner. I hadn't given them a thought for years. My memory was stirred when I encountered western radishes for the first time the other day. I wanted them, but there's no way I was going to pay over a dollar each for these two little babies.
Photobucket

And there was no way I was going to pay anything for these bad boys, either.
Photobucket
Pogos!

Strawberry pogos!
Photobucket

2 comments:

KirkK said...

My goodness $1 for 2 radishes..... where did they come from???

Jelly said...

Actually, that's TWO dollars for two radishes! They're a buck each! Next time I'll look where they were grown, but I would guess in the states. Or maybe a specialized gold-covered greenhouse high atop a fabled magical mountain. Hmmmm.