Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More Fridge Saga

That fridge man is a con artist. He came by in the morning and stuck his nose picking finger up into the ice cube tray in the freezer and shouted that everything was "Kenchenaiyo!!"
"BONZAII!!"
Yes, the trays of water I'd filled over 24 hours before had formed some ice on the top, but the bottom was all liquid. Absolutely unsafe for skating. I don't think a person with a "freezer" should be expected to wait 48 hours for an icy cold beverage! Then he shouted a bunch of other stuff I couldn't understand, but it was probably something along the lines of what a pain in the ass I am.

To my boss, on the phone later, he explained that the middle of the fridge - the spot between the freezer and the fridge parts, was supposed to be hot. Some refrigerators are hot in the back, but mine is hot in the middle. Where the seal is on the front door. Yah,...that makes a whole lot of sense. Actually, mine is very hot in the back as well. This piece of crap is an oven masquerading as a refrigerator. And the bologna I pulled out to show him it was all thawed out - well, that stuff's not supposed to freeze, he explained to my boss, because it is salty. Nevermind I bought the pack solid as a brick from the freezer section at Wal-Mart.

When Karen passed on his diagnosis to me, I argued that this fridge is definitely not ok! So she got the guy back on the phone, and now there's some repair-joker coming tomorrow morning. We don't know what exactly is wrong with the fridge, but I've been told that the repair will take an hour and a half. Of my regularly scheduled sleep time. Great.

The guy keeps complaining what a hassle all this is because I live on the fourth floor. If I lived on the first floor, it would be a whole different matter. I won't stand for this discrimination, this fourth floor-ism. It isn't my fault I live on the top floor. What, like, people up here don't have the right to properly functioning appliances?!?

My boss is very kind, and she doesn't have a strong backbone, and lacks the cohones to tell this guy to come collect his hunk o' junk and ram it up his ass.

Oh, I wish I spoke Korean.

1 comment:

R said...

It's winter there isn't it? Go gather some snow to chill your beer...