Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh, Baby!

Today I got good news and I got bad news. If offered the choice of which gets told first, what would you choose? I think I might go with the bad first, in the hopes that the good would rally my mood. As it is, you don't get a choice. I'm going chronologically.

The ringing phone pulled me from a deep sleep this morning. Really. it was DEEP. It took me a long time to recognize that the source of my annoyance was the ring of the phone. When I answered, and my brother greeted me with some usual silliness (I can't remember, but it may have been "Hey there, Jerky!") ~ I replied with a snarky "Whadd'ya want? I have to work. I have to go back to sleep." It had, after all, been less than three hours since I'd gone to sleep! My brother apologized, and told me he was just calling to tell me about Farah.

Farah is my new niece.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She was born at 11:53am on Monday EST. She couldn't wait the 20 hours until her scheduled debut the next morning! Now she shares a birthday with my Uncle Dave, who I love. Isn't she precious?!? My brother says she says "sigh!"

So congratulations Jeff and Lori and Leah. You make me want to come home.
So I will!

I'll spare you all the bad news until I wake up. It's bad. But this joy deserves its own post. (Plus I'm zoinked!)

2 comments:

Maven said...

Congratulations, Aunty Jellzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

eva said...

Congrats Auntie J!
What a cute little baby niece and what a beautiful name!
e