Friday, April 13, 2007

Speaking of Buddy

Here's Buddy: The Good Boy taken today on my way to work.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He comes to school with me like I'm Mary and he's my little lamb. He's such a gentle playful dog. Once we're upstairs, I take off my shoes, change into my sandals, and then step inside to fetch a sausage from the mini-fridge in the Teacher's Room. Lately Jane wants to feed him, but he hates her and tears off in fear when she appears. He comes back, though, when I call him - and takes the meat so gently from my hand. Sometimes he happily tosses it around a few times, and then I say "Okay, buh-bye Buddy!" and he trots away back down the hall and the stairs. I go inside to watch him from a classroom window as he prances down the street with a sausage hanging out of his mouth. Sometimes, it's the absolute highlight of my day.

Here's the cover of one of my student's sketchbooks:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Time, Veal and imaginary!
Excellent!

4 comments:

sher said...

He's adorable!! Obviously, you two were meant for each other!

eva said...

I can see why you have fallen for him. A match made in heaven!

Kitikata-san said...

What a cute dog. I am glad you feed him.

KirkK said...

Oh my...how adorable!