Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Puppies

The new puppy I pass on my way to work gets bigger and bigger. Check him out from about a month and a half ago. Now he's a big boy, and he's STRONG! He's got sharp puppy teeth he uses to gnaw my mittened hand while I pet him. He loves attention. Last week I was surprised to find him off his leash! Here he is being a good boy.
Photobucket

Here he is jumping the hell all over me. Check him out putting his big muddy puppy paws everywhere.
Photobucket

Hello!
Photobucket

I tried to speak with his owners, letting them know he was loose. He's really spunky and has no notion of the idea of being flattened by cars. I stopped breathing as he bounded toward one while chasing a leaf or something. Dumb puppy. The next day he was back to being tied up.
Photobucket

Last week I threatened my uncle to bring this dog home with me if he hasn't gotten a dog by the time I leave. With a little training, this puppy would be a gorgeous pet. I also called the dog's owners some bad names in the e-mail to my uncle. As if the owners had somehow read it, the very next day the puppy had some new digs. I was impressed.
Photobucket

It's good he has a nice spacious house now, because I've caught Buddy and Circle Gay all snuggled in with the big puppy in his much smaller house on cold nights. Now, though, when I pass by the big puppy he squishes himself under the fence so he can jump the hell all over me with his dirty paws.
Photobucket

I think the neighbourhood dogs talk to one another, and I think Buddy and Circle Gay have been telling others to swing by my school because there's treats to be had. Last night and today this sad little guy turned up.
Photobucket

He is (was?) obviously some one's pet, because he's got a groomed poodle tail and paws. He's cold, wet and dirty, though. I'm going to try to snatch him up tomorrow and taxi him over to the pet store in town to keep him safe while I post some flyers around. I hope I can help him find his home. Poor little guy.
Photobucket

1 comment:

sher said...

This is breaking my heart!