Saturday, August 13, 2005

Blocked

I don't know why, but Blogger accounts are currently blocked in Korea. At least they seem to be on quite a few PC's. As Kevin and The Nomad note, I can still access sites through Unipeak.com. They both speculate as to what's going on as well.

Right now I can't really drum up enough energy to care. I went to work yesterday and lasted the whole day, despite resolving I was going to teach my special summer classes, hit the doctor's office, and then head on home. I'm a superstar, pushing through.

Actually, the doctor set me up with another ass-injection and a days' worth of medicine. The medicine was very effective, and by the end of the day I actually felt fairly good! As it wore off, though, my fever increased, my muscles atrophied, and my insides resumed the liquification process. I have to disagree with the Doc's diagnosis of a "common cold." I have a high fever, muscle ache, dry persistent cough, crazy headache, and for some reason, my eyes feel like they're bugging out of my head. It hurts to push them back in. Until fairly recently, I thought people only had the flu if they were puking, (i.e stomach flu,) but I've learned different. Check out this handy symptom wheel and tell me I don't have the flu. I got two shoes, and I got the flu. Common cold, my ass.

It's HOT here today - and I was late in visiting the doc for another ass-injection and 2 days worth of medicine. I was concerned, because even though I was speed walking, I was freezing, and did not sweat one drop. Once I got back home, I took my temperature and it was 39.5C (103.1F.) I took my medicine and NOW I'm totally sweating.

This BITES.

Forgive me for whining, but that's how I get.

And now, I'm going to get back into bed.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hi there! Terry (a.k.a. teddY) here!

Make sure you take care and drink lots of water! Fever cannot be overlooked - it can be dangerous. Maybe you can drink some cool water (not cold) and put on an icepad (if you don't have one, use a packet of ice or cooled handerchief) on your forehead. This'll keep the fever down.

Drink lots of water! Water is important for the body to excrete waste and toxic stuff from the body.

Take care!

P.S.: Hmm... I wonder why Blogger is banned in South Korea?

Anonymous said...

103.1 - that's pretty high for a fever. Hope you're feeling better as of today.

"Ass-injections" - that cracks me up, by the way.