Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Kitty Loves Me

This I know, for his litter box tells me so.

This morning Kamikaze took a pee and it formed a perfect heart in his litter box. It was a lovely urine soaked message of love.

Yesterday, in my last class, one very talkative boy showed me his funky rainbow coloured mechanical pencil. Without even thinking about it, I said "that's so GAY!" I was thinking of all the pretty rainbows around Church and Wellesley in Toronto. (Affectionately called the "Gay Ghetto" by some.)

My student said, pointing to his pencil, "It's gay?" I laughed and said, "Yes, Andrew, the rainbow is a symbol for gay culture. Do you know the word symbol?"

He replied "Yes," and then spent a couple moments smiling and looking at his gay pencil. Then he looked at me and said "Teacha, are you a resbeean?"

I cracked up!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: