Monday, September 05, 2005

Rock Me Like a Hurricane

Here I am, rockin in a hurricane! It looks like Typhoon Nabi isn't going to get us directly, it decided to head over Japan-way and get some sushi instead of kimchi! We are, actually getting the effects over here as well, and it looks like it'll get worse through the night. It's wet and windy here. We're in the outer arm of the typhoon right now, and its huge eye is sitting below the southern Japanese Island of Kyushu. If you want to see, take a look at this I'm going to give my friend Herb a call a little later on and see how things are down in Kumamoto.

My computer crashed yesterday morning so I had a pretty quiet Sunday. Not that the computer makes things any less quiet, just a little more interesting. It was a bit of a blessing, though, not to be able to log on, as I would have been distracted and procrastinated on the reports I had to write, which I finished around midnight as it was. Mister Computer-Man came to my apartment tonight and got me hooked up. Kamikaze had shit all over the floor, a little diarrhea action, before I arrived home, so I had just enough time to get that cleaned up and spray some air-freshener around before Computer-Man arrived. Kamikaze was brave, and even snuck close enough to Computer-Man's ankle to steal a sniff.

I did watch a really good movie yesterday though. 'Millions,' is a British film, really creative and well done, I thought. It was definitely the feel-good movie of the afternoon.

Back at work today, everyone has more classes as a new semester has started and today Elizabeth got to teach my everyday schedule of six back to back classes. She did not enjoy it. I've got a new class of two absolute beginner 10 year old girls. I named them Allison and Callie. It's tough teaching a really small class of beginners, as it took a few minutes just to get them to understand what I wanted them to do. (Circle a picture if it started with the "s" sound.)

So that's about it. I have to watch Sex in the City. They've just started airing season 6 on OnStyle at 11 o'clock Monday through Thursday. If anyone cares, they've also started airing the 1st season of Desperate Housewives tonight on OCN at 11 o'clock, I think.

Hurricane Jelly out.

No comments: