Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Glitches

I mistook my initial symptoms which started Sunday as a bad cold when they, in fact, have turned out to be the flu. I went to work Monday because I could, and I was fairly upbeat despite only having had a couple hours of fitful sleep. I went today as well because - I don't know - I felt like I had to. Last night was a carbon copy of Monday, and I was a quite a bit crankier because I felt like a zombie. The kids showed me some mercy and were pretty well behaved. I think they were placing bets on when my head would explode off my neck during my violent coughing fits.

Reading about me being sick is ho-hum, eh? I've decided I'm sick of being sick, so once I recover from this bug, I'm going to get me a flu-shot. I'm finding it just too easy to catch viruses with the kids pawing me with their goobery hands. Today, a boy who's often acting up in class, mimicked my coughing fit by turning and hacking right into the face of the little girl beside him! I admonished him, "That's how viruses are spread!" Just to make sure he got the message, I approached him, pried his eyelids apart, and licked his eyeballs. That'll show him!

During the overheating portion of my fever today, I had a couple of interesting glitches in my 4th class. I had just finished dating my daily report as "Wednesday February 20th," (I've no idea why) and I turned to the class to speak. The sentence on-deck in my brain was "Let's take out our books," but what I said was, "Let's go to the zoo." I only caught the strange words when I heard the echo of them hanging in the room.

In other news, they did end up hiring a new teacher, which makes me happy. She seems to be nice so far. She's well traveled - but through missionary work, which was evident with her first pick for an English nickname which our school requires, "Faith." Jane kaiboshed the name, and I agreed, telling her she'd probably be called "Pai-suh." She didn't like my 1st suggested name of "Shaniqua-Lee-Madonna," so I ended up christening her "Joy."

For, like, all the fishes in the deep blue sea, as well as you and me.

6 comments:

sher said...

Oh no!!!! I hate the flu and thought I had it last week. Lucky me--it just turned out to be a bacterial lung infection. Shows how much I hate the flu that I counted myself lucky to get that. Take care of yourself. Get rest! Drink fluids,

Love, Mom

baduk said...

Hope you get well soon.

It's Me, Maven... said...

I'm sorry--did you blog anything after the words, ...I licked his eyeballs...?

Kevin said...

So-- this was Wednesday.

We is needing a update, Jelly, ma'am!

(Like my House Elf dialect?)


Kevin

Anonymous said...

Finally the real thing - no more ripoffs! Enhancement Patches are hot right now, VERY hot! Unfortunately, most are cheap imitiations and do very little to increase your size and stamina.
Well this is the real thing, not an imitation! One of the very originals, the absolutely strongest Patch available, anywhere!

Check out the site http://www.seemoco.info for more info TODAY, you'll be glad you did ;)

Penis Growth Patch

______________________________________________
Our others products:
Ultra Allure Pheromones
Anatrim
Advanced Gain Pro Pills
Regenisis HGH

Kevin said...

Yes, Jelly-- it's finally time to grow out that penis of yours.


Kevin