Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Coincidences

As I was coming home last night I stopped on the third floor because there was a big fat grasshopper looking at me. It got me wondering where he'd come from. I wouldn't be too surprised to see a baby grasshopper, but this guy was already pretty big. Still, he must have just recently crawled out of the ground. By the fall, he's going to be a monster.
Photobucket

So last night I picked him up and snapped a couple of pictures of him and set him back down so he could go on his merry way. Then I continues up the stairs to my apartment on the next floor.

Today I was leaving for work and as I opened the door to head out, my buddy the grasshopper jumped right into my apartment. I gave a little shriek because I didn't know what it was at first, but I saw Hoppy take another leap and land in the middle of the living room. Kamikaze was already getting up, all big eyed, to inspect and eat- so I chased after Hoppy to spare him.

I caught him after a little chase and set him down outside once I'd closed the door. I had a chance to look at him, and for sure - that was the same guy as last night. How weird is it that he was waiting at my door this afternoon? One floor up, and of the fifteen or so doors on this level he happened to be right outside of mine at the same moment I was opening my door to leave. Strange.

And coincidentally when I got to work I had a package from What the Book with Deepak Chopra's "The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence" - a book about coincidences!

Deepak proposes that, "Not only are everyday coincidences meaningful, they actually provide us with glimpses of the field of infinite possibilities that lies at the heart of all things." Good news, that. I've got to figure out what the hell I'm doing with all my infinite possibilities.

In other ethereal news, I keep having dreams where I'm covered in shit. I've had about four of them in the last couple weeks. I always discover, in the dreams, that I've got poo on me and trying to wipe it off, it just gets all over me. I don't find these to be very happy dreams, but my co-workers told me today that they're actually very auspicious. That's good to hear.

2 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

You should "mark" him with a dot of nail polish or something so you can make sure its him. The last thing you want is an unknown grasshopper in your house, he's libel to tear it up!

slee said...

Hilarious. About being covered in shit, right after Deepak. You are the funniest person. I read your blog regularly.