Sunday, June 26, 2005

Under Abreast

It's hot here. Hot hot. Luckily, today there was a wind. If it's hot with some wind, I can handle it. It's those stagnant days where it feels like you're walking through a pot of chicken soup I can't handle.

In an earlier post, I noted the rainy season had started. The Japanese media had reported it, and a couple friends warned me earlier in the week the rainy season was approaching on Friday. Sure enough, it rained constantly all day - and I thought "here we go!!" Alas, we have barely had a drop of rain since. I mentioned in another post it rained last weekend. Turns out, my air conditioner floods my balcony, so after I turned the air con on and had a nap, only to see afterwards my balcony was soaked, I just assumed it had rained. The cooler night temperatures hinted at it, as did the damp forest smell wafting in the breeze.

I was probably mistaken.

After a week of plus thirty weather, it seems we might get a break either tomorrow or Monday. The rain will come. And then it will come and come and come.

Tonight I thought about marketing nice big flesh coloured umbrellas with plump rosy nipples on top.

Umbreastellas.

I think they'll be a big hit, particularly with men, who will find comfort in being sheltered and kept safe and dry beneath big boobs.

"Jenn, I forgot my umbreastella at home and it's raining hard!!"

"That's ok," smushing them close, "I got'cha."

No comments: