Thursday, July 07, 2005

Oh and,...

Speaking of physical contact, my taxi driver was an interesting character tonight. He could speak some English, and did, asking me where I was from, was I an English teacher, how long I'd been in Korea, and did I have a boyfriend? (These are pretty much the BIG 4 Q's I get, in varying order, depending on where I am.)

He explained he had graduated from university with a degree in mechanical engineering, but 4 years ago his company had retired, and so he was a taxi driver. He gave me a pamphlet for his 2nd job - but I couldn't make out exactly what that was about. Computers? Information? Couriers? Informative computer couriers? No idea.

Mr Taxi-man told me he had two sons. At first he said "brothers," but I worked out he meant sons. One was in the 2nd year of high school, and the youngest in the last year of middle school. Than he told me had very very really zero money. I sympathized. "Awwwww, I'm sorry, that's rough, it's too bad about your company, I wish you success in the information delivery online business."

As we pulled up to my apartment, he stopped the car, turned around in his seat, and offered to be my "Korean boyfriend."

Heh heh heh. OK!!! That sounds like a gooooood idea! Where do I sign up???

No comments: