Friday, July 01, 2005

Yo C, Happy Birthday!

Million Dollar Baby was a good movie! No surprise about that, and it really did have a Clint Eastwood feel to it. It reminded me of 'Unforgiven,' which I watched at least half a dozen times for my university film class. To me, both movies were quiet and powerful, sort of gentle character analysis kind of deals. Thumbs up.

Because I was distracted by an almost 2-hour long nap, the sewing of buttons, and making of Great Canadian Potato Salad to take to work in honour of Canada's birthday and the bunch of potatoes my boss gave me on Wednesday, I watched the video quite late. Then I couldn't sleep. I was just drifting off when,...

Some advice for English teachers here: when you are teaching the children the phrase "What's your telephone number?" and the kids asks what YOURS is, make up a fake one. Even if you say your actual phone number quickly, they're bright little kids and will capture it. And then a little 9 year old named Sadie will call you at 6:42, giggling in the phone.

When I finally did fall asleep, I had a dream someone punched me in the head and left a big open slit in my forehead, dripping blood. When I went to the doctor, he stuck tweezers in there and starting pulling out piles of black thread. There was a ball of it on the table he'd yanked out, and I felt lightheaded.

A huge clap of thunder woke me up and I squinted outside to see, well, barely see outside through the grey fog and pouring rain. In my empty head, I thought, "Ah, let's cancel today," and I didn't mean today's activities, I meant TODAY. I fell back asleep imagining calling my boss and saying "Yah, it's very rainy, today is not going to work out. See you Monday!"

I'm tired, but now that I'm fully conscious again, have decided to go ahead with Friday. It'll be a good day. Not only is it the end of the week, it's the beginning of a new month, and Canada's birthday to boot. There ain't a thing wrong with today, even the rain's good. The pumpkin plants in all their droopiness looked super thirsty on my way to work this past week, as did a caged white rabbit. Have a good one!

No comments: