Friday, April 14, 2006

In The Toilet

Image hosting by Photobucket
I'm glad I didn't just open up the bathroom stall at work and back my butt in. I would have ended up with a Hello Kitty umbrella up my bum! Kids can be mean, eh? I'm sure this was some kind of revenge, like "Ohhhh, call me BABO, will you? Well I'm going to flush your umbrella down the toilet!"

Today, in one of my little kids' classes we were studying consonant blends. I was drawing illustrations on the board to demonstrate the task (circle the words that start with "sw," for example.) I drew a little stick figure on the board swimming, and then heard some chatter behind me. I turned around after finishing my drawings and found little Julie in tears. "What's wrong?" I asked the other kids and one of the little boys walked up to the board and pointed at the stick figure "Is Julie," and the water she was swimming in, "Is dong mool" (poo water!)

"Ahhhhh!" I walked over to Julie and patted her shoulder consolingly. "Buck up there little girl. If you're going to bawl every time someone infers you're swimming in a toilet, you're going to have a tough life!"

No comments: