Saturday, April 22, 2006

WCB46 - Sumo Kitty

Kamikaze Kamakiri Kitty is living with me in Korea but he is actually Japanese. He was rejected by his family of prominent Sumo Cats because he was the runt of the litter. When I found him, meowing loudly on a busy street, he was just a wee thing.
Image hosting by Photobucket

He used to like to sit and watch TV.
Image hosting by Photobucket
He still does, as a matter of fact. This sedentary lifestyle, coupled with the massive amount of kitty chow he consumes, has filled him out to be the proper Sumo he was born to be. His parents would have been proud.

On our most recent visit to Japan, Kamikaze was courted into joining the ranks of prominent Japanese Sumo and was entered into a BASHO to compete for the title he rightfully thought should be his.

The crowds were enthralled and excited. With his stature and poise he was sure to be a winner. Image hosting by Photobucket
He performed the ritual startings of his bout without a hitch. His opponent looked worried.

However, inexperience brought him down. I have to admit, as his Oyakata, I wasn't as dilligent as I should have been. Most trial practices between he and I ended in brushing sessions or naps. Or snacks, as he preferred.

He lost his first match within moments, and lay outside the Dohyo hiding his face in shame.
Image hosting by Photobucket
He's since regained his composure and we've set upon a far more stringent training regiment for the next tournament. Soon, I'm sure, Kamikaze will be King of the Sumo world!

For more not so Sumo-cats (though Kiri's going pretty NINJA on the TP) visit Clare at Eat Stuff!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ha!

Ramona said...

That is hilarious!!!

Spock said...

Purrty kitty. I would like to wrestle, but not sumo as I only weigh 8 pounds. Thanks for coming to see me.

Anonymous said...

LOL!
I loved reading about SUMO KITTY :)
Love the artwork :)