Saturday, April 15, 2006

Soup and Poo

Damn, I'd make a mighty fine wife! The chicken carcass I stuck in the freezer from dinner Sunday night is simmering on the stove with onion, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and cinnamon. I'm making a broth that will soon make the base for a soup of mushrooms, onion, tahini, chicken, shrimp and cellophane noodles. My apartment smells delicious, and it's almost 3:30 in the morning.

C. is just about finished work, and when he shows up I'll feed him and we'll watch "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," if I can stay awake. (Which is doubtful, but possible.)

Tonight, after work I left and walked about a block or so on the way home before I admitted to myself that I really did need to go to the washroom. So, I turned around and headed back to the building my school is in. I anticipated a relaxing sit-down on the toilet; our school was closed and the taekwondo class was in session, so no one should have bothered me. About one third into my excavation, though, I heard footsteps in the hall coming to the bathroom, and then there was a knock on the stall door. I reciprocated with a knock (occupied!) and expected to be left alone. (There were two other stalls with Korean "squatty" toilets available.) But the knocker just STOOD there, right on the other side of the door, waiting for me to finish. Talk about pressure!

Who DOES that? In an empty bathroom, with both of us recognizing it's just her and I? Me all vulnerable with my butt hanging out, and her all impatient standing (and smelling) on the other side of the door. (GO AWAY!!!!)

Of course, Murphy's Law being what it is, I flushed, and the water rose right to the top of the bowl, swirling my poo around all threateningly like. It took 3 flushes to get my shit hidden, and still I think the commode was just a flush away from an overflow. (Maybe the umbrella clogged it up!) I hope the water rose during her courtesy pee-disguising flush and washed her bum!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That chicken-into-broth recipe sounds heavenly! Would you mid sharing your (exact) recipe?

Maven said...

One can only hope she was the recipient of a shit-bidet! I hope you left the stall extra stenchy:)