Friday, August 31, 2007

Home Noraebang

Last Sunday was so fun! My friend Ben came over and we held the first meeting of the Expat Movie Club. We had two members, but we let Kamikaze join, so now we are three. Ben brought over a bunch of stuff including a couple bottles of "Captain Q Cheap-Ass Rum." Aye-yi-yi!
He also brought over his PC which we hoped to hook through to my television, but that didn't work out. We did manage to connect to my little stereo, though, so the sound was great. So, we pulled up two of my not so comfortable noraebang chairs in front of my silly little PC monitor. I set out a lovely tray of cheese, crackers, and fruit, mixed up a pitcher of some rum cocktails - and we began our movie viewing with Running With Scissors. I enjoyed the book much more. Next up was the highlight of the movie viewing, Little Miss Sunshine, which I loved! Great cast, and I enjoy anything Steve Carell does.

So then, a little loopy on cheap rum, we began the karaoke portion of the afternoon. What a laugh! Ben's got some program in his PC that has over 3,000 English songs, so we sang our voices raw. Look at the selection of Neils!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then dinner. I'd made much of it the night before. I had made this poster the week before in one of my middle school classes. We'd been studying "process language." I couldn't get spaghetti out of my head after that! So I jsut had to boil the noodles and re-heat the sauce.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was really yummy. Mama Jennelly makes a good sauce!

And while we tucked into our meal, we started the last movie, Junebug. It was sssslllloooowwww. And I was trying not to nod off with a fast approaching rum and spaghetti hangover. But we wrapped things up and I got my second wind and actually watched a fourth movie on my own, Cheonhajangsa Madonna (English title: "Like a Virgin.") I thought this was really quite good, and unusual for Korea, as gay and transgendered issues seem pretty taboo here. I had to rewind and re-watch a number of scenes because I thought they were so funny.

Anyhow, it was such a great day and I'm looking forward to the second meeting of our movie and noraebang club. Do you want to join?

3 comments:

Bohemian in Korea said...

Imma big fan of movies and noraebang but both The Bohemian and I are deathly alergic to your little fuzzy feline friend... :-(

Jelly said...

I think, then, - that you and The Boho should get yourselves to an allergist, bbali, like!
Kamikaze has some kisses for you!

Bohemian in Korea said...

hehe, yak gook ca go choun yak mani issoyo.