Tuesday, August 21, 2007

There doesn't seem to be much point mentioning the weather, really. Seems like these days we're all in the same boat. It's HOT. Everything's hot. Hot, hot, hot. We're all melting!

At work, we've had the central air thingie going full force since about noon, set to 19 degrees, and yet haven't been able to get the temperature below 29 all day long. I've begun my classes with, "Okay kids, open your books and STOP BREATHING. You guys are sucking up all my air." Seriously!

But at home, it's nice and cool. Ahhhhhh. I cleaned my air conditioner a couple weeks ago. Now it works great and there is, like Dorothy said, "no place like home."

I'm at work, and I'm distracted. Children keep whining calling my name. One little girl keeps running into the Teacher's Room to kiss my arm. Today I glanced up and caught a boy, who didn't know I was looking at him, check his watch, make the sign of the cross, kiss his hand, and then pump his fist into the air. He caught me watching him with his final gesture, and I smiled at him, but couldn't stop my eyebrows heading toward my hair. I wonder what's up with him.

I almost got a PC today. It's used but much better than the junk I've been using at home. All the details sounded good, price was right, but then I was told the whole systems in Korean. I told them that wasn't going to work out. So we're still looking. I should be online before the weekend. Hope so!

Tonight, I'm going to go for a massage with my co-workers. First one ever! While I'm at it, I might even have a manicure. I mean, why the hell not? Meanwhile, there'll be a full lunar eclipse this time next week. That's cool. We'll see a red moon rising!

1 comment:

Hewy Nosleep said...

I love seeing the sights from Korea! Great Blog!