Saturday, August 25, 2007

La Cucaracha

I stood sweating at a bus stop tonight. Behind me was a small courtyard belonging to a 2-storey house. The smell coming from the courtyard was not good. I wondered, as it assaulted my nose, it there was an open sewer line somewhere beyond the chest height stone wall. I turned to glare accusingly at the wall which encircled the smelliness and noticed some movement in the bottom corner. A steady drip of cockroaches oozed out, like a faucet that hadn't been turned off tightly enough.

Gross.
This one lingered to have its picture taken.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's wings are kind of unfurled.
It's preparing to freak me the hell out by flying into my face.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't get a picture of this face-approaching roach. I was busy flinging my camera into the road with my flailing cockroach avoiding arms.

No comments: