Sunday, August 26, 2007

WCB 116 - I Got 2 Samagees

Here's Kamikaze Kamakiri Kitty in my our bed.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See the back of him? See how his tail is up? His bum is pressed against the blankets. That's how he likes to sleep - with his butt snuggled into something. I don't know why. When I'm in the bed with him he usually sleeps to the right of my head, between me and the balcony door.

Some mornings, I wake up and find that sometime during my sleep my head has slipped off my pillows. And sometimes when that happens I discover that Kamikaze has snuggled his bum into my head. He's a cat hat.

A couple mornings ago, I woke up not on my own, but because my big black fat cat hat was meowing. I repositioned my noggin onto my pillow and sleepily patted Kamikaze's bum. "Shhhhhhh, baby." And I started to drift off again, and he meowed. "Shhhhhh, Kami."

"Meow.....meow," he chirped. "Mroww. Mrrrow."
"SHHHHHHH!"
"Mrrrrow,....MROOWWWW,....RRRRROOOOOWWWWWW!"
"Dammit, Kami! SHUT UP!!!" I demanded, opening my eyes ready to scold him and maybe push him off the bed. I thought he was telling me it was time for breakfast. As it is, though, I am the boss of meal times!

But Kamikaze was staring wide eyed at the balcony door. "Ooooooohhhhh!" I said. "I'm sorry, baby!"
Kamikaze was staring at a samagee attached to the screen door. That's a praying mantis to you and me! Kamikaze's middle name is actually "praying mantis" in Japanese. Perhaps he feels a kinship to these scary looking beasts.

I reached out, opened the glass door and patted the screen. The mantis flew off, and I re-shut the door. There. Sleep-on, me!

When I got home that night, though, I discovered our little buddy hadn't gone far.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Hello there!

She stuck to the wall upside down as she posed for me. Cool.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the morning, I noticed she'd moved into my washing machine on the balcony.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wash me!

But OH! There was still the original one on the wall!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Hi again!

They're still out there now. I moved the one from the washing machine to the wall hoping maybe they'd fight each other. But they didn't. They just sit there. Watching me and waiting to come inside for some breakfast.

So, scuttle on over to Belly Timber and check out the other cool cats in this weekend's WCB!

8 comments:

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

uhm I bet Kashim & Othello would love to play with that thingy or be scared to death hehehe...

as for me - I would not be able to close my eyes knowing that these are in my room watching me ...

puuurs & love
Astrid, Kashim & Othello

Kitikata-san said...

That is a big bug! That is a big bug for a big boy kitty!

Z said...

THE CAT IS KAWAIIIIIII.

truly adorable. i feel like squeezing him to death o_o

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, that's really interesting looking! Now wonder Kamikaze was making noise!...

Katie said...

Those things are scary! You were very brave to warn your mum about it! And you're lucky that your mum lets you sleep in the warm bed with her. :)

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Kamikaze,
Love the kitty hat, and thank you for warning your mom about those things in the room.

MizD said...

Kamikaze is one impressive boy.

I'm back online at last and the very very late WCB round up is up! :-)

sammawow said...

Wow, that is a scary-looking but there!