Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Appayo

Well, I didn't take one day off from work,...I took TWO! I went to the doctor's both days and got some pain killers and muscle relaxants. My back must be in massive spasm because I can still feel the pain through the drugs. Jane and my co-worker called me last night to check up on me and I told them I would see them at work today - but when I woke up I felt worse than I did last night. I figured maybe the medication had worn off, so I popped some more pills, waited awhile, and then put on some sandals to have a test walk down the corridor outside. I got to the far end and felt like I was walking on jello legs. I was all bent, too.

Hi! My name is Jelly McCrooked Spaghetti-Legs! Pleased to meet you.

So I took a taxi to the doc's and got 2 ass injections today. I wonder what it is they inject me with.

Taxi back home and I've spent most of the day in bed. Sitting or standing for any length of time is really uncomfortable. I intend to go to work tomorrow, though. It's Joy's last day and I want to say goodbye. We're supposed to go out for a farewell meal, but I doubt I'm going to be up for it. We'll see.

5 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Sending good mental vibrations your way. Is there any sort of medicine you can order from Canada to help you out? Any sort of Western drug that one of your readers (e.g., Nomad or John McC) might be able to purchase for you on a military base?


Kevin

Kevin Kim said...

John & Nomad,

Sorry to put you guys on the spot like that, but I don't have base access.


Kevin

Jelly said...

Kevin, that's a fantastic idea! John and Nomad, can you please send me down a bunch of demerol and some morphine,....and - mmmm, percocet. And opium! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd be more than happy to help out but going by experience as one who's had a bad back since his early 20's, there's not really a lot you can do except ride it out with lots of rest and some Motrin. Don't stay in one spot too long though because then it just stiffens up on you, as you probably already know.

Maven said...

I can see a great marketing opportunity here: Chocolate covered Darvocet chips! Sure! They're 1000 calories per serving, but you could give a rat's ass less about it! And due to darvocet's binding qualities, you won't give a shit about it for days!

GOOD TIMES!!!