Wednesday, March 08, 2006

AAAARRRRGH!

Walking home from work tonight, I stopped to enjoy the mild night air and the half moon in the sky. As I sat down on a rock, the branch of a bush got in the way and I had to lift my butt to pull it out from underneath me.

I suddenly wondered what it would be like if every living thing on earth had the ability to scream when it was in pain. Imagine walking to work and every bug and every blade of grass you stepped on shrieked. Trees you passed would scream as the wind blew their leaves off. The falling leaves would be wailing as well.

The world would be a very loud place. Imagine autumn!

What if every living thing not only had the ability to scream if in pain, but were actually obliged to do so? Just the humans alone would make it unbearable. Like, if you stubbed your toe: "ARRRRRRRRR!" If you had a headache: "GAAAAAAAAAAH!" If you ever had your heart broken: "RAAAAAAAGH!"

Most of us would never hear quiet again.

1 comment:

Jelly said...

I love it when you come by. I miss your blog!